Being a member of the APHP not only recognises the exemplary quality of your work, but stands as a neutral testament to your expertise, a hallmark of quality that actors, agents, drama schools and casting professionals can rely upon.
The APHP was created to bring together headshot photographers within the entertainment industry, promoting a recognised standard of professional practice, enhancing the stature of the profession, providing a free exchange of information and ideas, and honouring the achievements of members.
For emerging photographers
: We welcome you into our community and offer workshops through our headucation site, check www.headucation.me
for any upcoming workshops.
For established photographers:
in a freelance industry we offer membership of a community of the industry's leading photographers, one where knowledge, experience and expertise are shared, to the benefit of all. And through promoting the 'APHP Approved'
hallmark of quality, we dignify our work, champion and celebrate high standards in a crowded marketplace, while creating a stronger voice to advocate for members in the industry.
Benefits of joining the APHP:
- Added credibility within the entertainment industry for your business.
- Use of the 'APHP Approved' brand on your website and promotional materials.
- Profile on the APHP website, benefiting SEO and linking to your site.
- Add your voice to an organisation that advocates for and educates about the highest standards in casting portraiture, as well as lobbying key institutions like Spotlight.
- Membership of an enthusiastic community of the industry's leading photographers
As a minimum, all applicants must possess:
- 2 - 3 Years' experience as a professional photographer, with actors headshots making a considerable proportion of income.
- A high quality of work, demonstrating excellent technical lighting and photographic expertise, together with a keen understanding of what makes a successful casting portrait.
Also, they must:
The Drama School Bursary Scheme
- Have up to date Public Liability Insurance.
- Use professional-grade equipment and systems.
- Be in good standing with the £200 per year subs.
- Not work as Casting Professional, Agent or Personal Manager.
On the setup of the APHP, our founder members all agreed to donate - subject to need - one free headshot session a year to the APHP Drama School Bursary Scheme, which gives a shoot to one 2nd/3rd yr student who is in need or deserving of especial reward, at each accredited drama school. New members are strongly encouraged - though not strictly required - to offer their services to the scheme.
How to Apply
Membership of the APHP is by a simple and fair application process, which assesses your work, experience and business.
Very experienced photographers may be accepted directly on application (only subject to providing Insurance proofs above), while for those earlier in a career, we may need to see more information.
In the first instance, please fill out the email form
and we'll get in touch regarding your application.
We will ask to see some or all of the following: